Call for proposals of Workshops, Experiences implementing iEARN projects and Posters
The Program Committee of the International iEARN 2014 Conference invites all interested participants to submit proposals for workshops, experiences of implementation of iEARN projects, and / or posters according to the guidelines below. Proposals must be submitted by April 15 th, 2014 to [email protected]
The deadline to submit presentation proposals for the iEARN Conference has been extended until May 4th.
The workshops will be designed in a way that attendees receive instructions and the necessary training materials in order to share with colleagues back at school. It is expected that workshop participants in each group create a product that will be displayed on the event website (www.iearn2014.org) and / or in later publications. The workshop should last either 1 hour or 1 hour 45 minutes.
To be considered the proposals should include points 1-8 below. 9 and 10 will be presented at the event:
2. Presenter (name, country, occupation, e-mail)
3. Language (English or Spanish)
5. Summary (200 words)
6. ICT resources suggested (Up to 10)
7. Suggested links (Up to 10)
8. Bibliography (Up to 5)
9. Multimedia presentation (as necessary)
10. Digital materials for participants
•Presentation of experiences implementing iEARN projects
In this type of session participants are invited to present about projects successfully implemented.
The experiences will be shared in a plenary in the main hall on July 1st and 3rd (from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.) under the format “Pecha Kucha 20 x 20”. The name Pecha Kucha is derived of the Japanese word that imitates sounds of conversation: bla-bla-bla/chit chat/ cháchara. The basic idea in this format is to allow people to share ideas while maintaining a high level of interest and attention through very precise and concise presentations. Each presenter is allowed to use 20 slides or 20 images, each of which is shown for 20 seconds. Each presentation lasts 6 minutes and 40 seconds in all. After the presentations there’s a time for questions and answers.
The proposals should include:
2. Presenter (name, country, occupation, e-mail).
3. Language (English or Spanish).
4. Summary (200 words).
Workshops and Presentation of Experiences should fit into one of the three themes of the 2014 iEARN Conference: creativity, innovation, global learning. Possible topics:
• ICT and Education: latest trends, practices and innovations.
• Mobile technology in Education.
• Social means of communication and Education.
• Tools and methodologies for online collaboration.
• Project Based Learning.
• Teaching and Learning in the XXI Century.
• iEARN (Learning Communities, Cultural Exchanges, Project Assessment, the Future).
• Information literacy and plagiarism.
Participants who register and attend the conference may submit, individually or in teams, a proposal to exhibit a poster on the integration of ICT initiatives (outside iEARN) only in poster format.
The poster proposal should include:
2. Presenter/s: (name, country, occupation, e-mail)
4. Summary (200 words)
The posters will be exhibited in panels arranged for this purpose. The Program Committee will communicate to the accepted proposal´s Presenters more details on the facilities and the way or presenting the content of posters.